The whole Project URSULA (UAS Remote Sensing for Use in Land Applications) team met for a two day conference to discuss what has been a very fruitful year in Aberystwyth earlier this month.
What has been achieved in year one you might ask?
- Official launch event in March
- Full flying season over a number of farms with multiple crop sampling
- Launch and flying sortie parameter testing to plan with UAS platform development planned for year two
- Sensor capability assessment
- Full data processing capabilities tested including RGB, with derived digital elevation modelling, CIR and NDVI
- Substantial market analysis and research which is ongoing
- Planning for year 2
Source: sUAS News